EECS 382 Assignment 2
Due: Thursday, October 14th
- Add comments to your program according to the javadoc standard notation:
- Convert your assignment one to a package name called StreamIO which
only uses interfaces (i.e. CharInputStream). All other classes are package private:
- Convert your "cat" as an application which imports the
- Follow the the project directory structure of J2EE.
The cat application should be located in the applications and dist area.
The StreamIO package in the component and lib directories:
Project layout |
Project layout |
- Please download,study, understand, and imitate this myproject structure as shown in the
J2EE myproject example
which also includes the java interface notes covered in class. The "jar xvf eecs_382_a2_myproject.jar"
will extract the jar files and place them in the current directory. Also,
if the the file is renamed as eecs_382_a2_myproject.zip windows XP can read them too.
This example also shows the build.xml. This will help understand how to do this assignment.
- Use ANT to build the application which uses the
following ant project targets: clean, lib, dist, docs, jar,
test1, test2, test3. These targets will clean up the project directory structure,
ant lib will compile the package StreamIO and place it into the
lib directory; ant dist will compile the cat application and
place the binary in the dist directory; ant docs will create
all the javadocs of both the package StreamIO and the
application cat; ant jar will jar up the project to be
shipped to the grader; ant test1 will execute the application
with test data from the test directory:
ANT example |
ANT Tasks |
- Do not use the same names myproject, myapp1, etc. in your jar file:
Jar Basics |
- Additional notes on java commands, javadoc, interfaces, packages are also provided